Epilogue: Here is the Storified recap of our wildly successful scavenger hunt. Storify even featured it on its home page as one of the four best stories of that day — worldwide. NBD.
From Thursday through Sunday, in the spirit of the SMU-TCU football rivalry, we’ll be locking horns with TCU Journalism Prof. Chip Stewart’s (@MediaLawProf) students for a Twitter Scavenger Hunt. Many thanks to Dr. Carrie Brown-Smith (@brizzyc) of the University of Memphis for inspiring this assignment. Some tips:
1. School spirit! Photo and quote from someone (not you or your partner) revealing school spirit (what exactly that means is up to you).
2. Photo and quote of someone (not you or partner) at your favorite eating spot on/near campus.
3. Professor on the street. Photo and quote from a professor on campus. What’s their prediction for the game? Be sure you include the professor’s title and department.
4. Student on the street. Photo and quote from a student. Ask them how they plan to follow the game on Saturday (In person? On TV? Social media?) Can’t be a friend. Be sure you include their year in school and major.
5. Academic excellence. Photo and comment/tweet that reveals (you are going to have to be creative) how SMU contributes to cutting edge research and/or learning.
6. Scenic spot. Photo of your favorite scenic spot on campus.
7. Little-known fact. Photo and comment/tweet of something you think many people might not know about SMU or our campus, even some of those of us that go to school here.
8. Game Day. Shot capturing some aspect of the SMU-TCU game day experience (or lack thereof) posted between noon and 6 p.m. on Saturday.
9. Photo of you and a photo of your partner in your favorite spot on campus.
10. Extracurricular extravaganza: Photo and comment/tweet that exemplifies some of the huge variety of clubs, organizations, etc., available to students at our university.
Winners in each category (and prizes!!) will be announced next week.